Sunday, May 4, 2008

Another 'bun in the oven'! :)

Jake and I are happy to say we are expecting our second little angel! We are VERY excited. I am not that far along - maybe 5-6 weeks. I was going to keep the news to ourselves for a little longer, but Jake just can't keep a secret, so I might as well just let everyone else know. (We told our families already.) Andrew and the next little one will be about 22 months apart, which I think will be perfect! (fingers crossed) Now, Andrew will have a little playmate. Hopefully he will love a little sibling and not bully him/her or have jealousy fits. ;) I am looking forward to a new challenge, however I'm sure I have no idea what I'm in for yet. My due date will be somewhere around December 28. I'm really hoping it won't be too close to Christmas. I am so happy. I'll take a healthy girl or boy, I don't care which.
My pregnacy seems to be a normal one. I am constantly so tired. It doesn't help that I don't sleep through any night. Right now I'm trying to get as many naps as I can. I know there will be no time for that in about 8 months. I am extremely starving all the time. If anyone has any good, healthy meal ideas or recipies for any time of the day, please pass them along. So far I'm not always too hot, except while I'm sleeping at night.... I'm starting to hate blankets. I feel like I will show much sooner than I did with Andrew. I have heard that is normal for your second pregnancy. Someone at church today told me they thought I looked pregnant - I'm hoping it's my glow and not my belly. ;)

4 comments:

The Lindquists said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! Keep us updated on everything!

Amy S said...

Yea! I was so excited when Jake told me. Congrats. I too am hungry ALL the time and if I don't eat I'm sick, I am always nauseated! Sometimes I wonder why we wanted to do it again. Anyway we are excited for you guys and if you find anything that tastes good and helps the sickness let me know!:)

Tania Jabonero said...

Kristina!!! Congratulations!! I'm sure you are gonna look so cute with a belly!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is so late, we've been out of town and without consistant internet and bookmarks, but anyway...

My two are 21 months apart. Jonathan absolutely adores his little sister. Sure, sometimes (okay, often) he whacks on her, but he's not ever mean about it. He just doesn't want to share his stuff, even us. But he's getting better about it. Yesterday, Maddy was sad and I asked Jonathan to find her something to play with, and he gave her his stuffed bear that he drags all over the place and hasn't let her so much as touch before, so there's hope. I hope you have as good of luck as we have!