Monday, October 26, 2009

Nasty!!

(I appologize in advance for this picture of my gross white legs!) The kids and I have gone boating with Leonard and Sandy several times this summer. We had a lot of fun, but unfortunately I did not always have my camera with me. The only picture I got out of these excursions was this...I haven't ever done any water sports, other than ski tubing. I was daring enough to try the air chair. I did okay, although I didn't try that many times, but I got out of the water for a few seconds a couple of times. The first time I tried, my seat belt wasn't fixed right, so I came completly out of the chair and hit my leg on the way. It hurt pretty bad but I kept at it. Anywho, long story short, my leg was massivly bruised! This picture was taken a week or so later. There was a lot of swelling and pain involved. I couldn't run for a while afterward. To this day, my leg still looks a little green/blue/purple and there is a visible divot in my calf that may be permanent. Hopefully that will go away with time, but I don't believe muscle rebuilds itself after the damage is done. It's not too bad, though. I would try the air chair again for sure!! :)

No comments: