Thursday, December 31, 2009

Prayer, Singing and Reading

Andrew is getting to be SUCH a BIG boy! December 27th, he said his first PRAYER! All this time praying with him and asking him to say it, him saying no time and time again and running around like a crazy maniac while either Jake or I pray out loud... has finally paid off. Jake started saying the prayer Sunday night Andrew shouts out 'I want to say it by myself!' All this time not even wanting to copy what we say then he so perfectly speaks....
'Dear Heavenly Father,
Thankful for this day
Thankful for church
Thankful for Grandma
Thankful for Grandpa
Thankful for Mom
Thankful for Dad
Thankful for Grant
Bless us to be happy and safe
In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.'
Without ANY help! Can I ask for anything more? That was a tender moment and I can not express how happy I was. Now he does it frequently and loves it! :)

He has also suddenly taken an interest in singing. Seems like I have tried to have him sing songs with me over and over, but no such luck. He just wasn't into it until 'Santa Clause is Coming to Town' came around. Now he knows jingle bells, twinkle twinkle little star, and a few other classical songs he likes to sing 'la la la' to. A song from the movie 'UP' is his favorite. He always asks me to sing it and he sings and dances along. I love it.
(Music at the bottom needs to be paused.)


We bought the 'Your Baby Can Read' program quite a while ago. He wasn't ever too into the dvds. A few months ago I started working with him and the word cards and pictures and he is really getting into it. Now he will sit and watch the dvds for a little bit whenever I'm showing them to Grant. He knows at least 20 words now and is still picking them up so quickly. I know if I keep it up he will keep going and be AMAZING. He is amazing! We sure love him!

1 comment:

Dacia said...

That is so stinkin' cute! All of it, the singing and the prayer. What a cutie!